I recently made a flourless chocolate brownies recipe for a memorial day party which went over big with our guests. This is a brownie recipe for a 9×12 pan, which makes it a perfect holiday dessert recipe. It’s rich and fudgy without being too heavy or sweet. If you are a chocoholic you’ve got to try this flourless chocolate brownies recipe.
To make this brownie recipe you only need a handful of ingredients. Six ingredients is all it takes and about 45 minutes of your time. Flourless chocolate brownie recipes are easy to find online, but they are almost always made to fit in a small 8×8 square pan.
Ingredients for Flourless Chocolate Brownies
- 10 ounce bag of Enjoy Life Chocolate Chips. (They are gluten free, non GMO, and soy free, what more could you ask for, really?)
- 3/4 cup of grassfed butter, melted.
- 1 cup of evaporated cane juice or organic cane sugar.
- 6 large eggs.
- 2 tsp of organic vanilla extract. (If you are allergic to corn, see our list of safe vanilla brands).
- 1 cup of organic cocoa powder.
- optional powdered sugar as topping. (Trader Joe’s brand is made without corn starch).
Directions for Flourless Chocolate Brownies
Preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Melt the Enjoy Life Chocolate Chips in a microwave safe ceramic dish for about 90 seconds and stir. If the chips are fully melted, set aside. If not, continue heating at short intervals until the chocolate chips are melted. Enjoy Life brand chocolate chips are great for melting. You do not need to add shortening, butter, or oil to the chips to get them to melt nicely. In a separate bowl beat together the butter, sugar, vanilla extract, and eggs. Whip them until you have a nice fluffy mixture. Next add the melted chocolate to your bowl. Then stir in the cup of cocoa powder. When your flourless chocolate brownies batter is fully mixed, pour it into a greased 9×12 baking pan. For the party I simply used a cheap disposable foil pan and it worked great. Place the brownies into the oven and bake for 40 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool completely before cutting and serving.