Moist zucchini bread recipe: Just in time for zucchini season, I thought I would post our secret family recipe. This is my mother’s version, and I have to say the best version of zucchini bread I have ever tasted.
The secret to good zucchini bread is providing ample amounts of zucchini and plenty of vegetable oil. This makes a moist, melt in your mouth bread that doesn’t crumble and fall apart.I modified the flour to make it gluten free, otherwise it is just as she has always prepared her zucchini breads years ago. This recipe is gluten, corn, soy, dairy, and yeast-free.
If you are avoiding eggs as well, check out the link to my egg-free version.
Moist Zucchini Bread Ingredients:
- 2 large zucchinis, coarsely shredded (or 4 cups)
- 1 cup pure cane sugar
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 3 eggs, beaten (if you are avoiding eggs, check out our forum for my Egg-free Zucchini Bread recipe)
- 3 cups of Bob’s Red Mill Gluten Free All Purpose Flour. This blend contains: garbanzo bean flour, potato starch, tapioca flour, whole grain sweet white sorghum flour, and fava bean flour. (You can also use a rice-based flour mix like *Pamela’s, or Better Batter.)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon of featherweight baking powder (or homemade corn-free one)
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped nuts (optional)
We like using natural baking ingredients as much as possible. I like to use grass fed butter to grease the pans.
If you are doing dairy free, a paper towel dampened with vegetable oil can also be used. (If you are on the Feingold diet, do not use a spray can like Pam as it contains chemical ingredients).
Please Note: Pamela’s Pancake and Baking mix contains milk, nuts, and xantham gum. It already has rising agents in it, so if you use Pamela’s, you can omit the baking powder. You should still add the additional baking soda and salt, however.
Of course, if you are not gluten free, you can use this recipe and substitute our gluten free flour blend with wheat flour or white flour instead.
Moist Zucchini Bread Directions:
Grease the bottom and sides of 2 9×5 bread pans with spectrum palm oil or vegetable oil. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F. In a mixer beat eggs, slowly adding sugar, oil and zucchini. Turn off mixer and stir in remaining ingredients. Pour batter 3/4 full into each bread pan. Bake 1 hour or until toothpick is clean. Cool 5-10 minutes, then remove from pans.